TEDxManhattan: "Changing the Way We Eat" is a one day conference featuring a dynamic and diverse group of speakers addressing issues in the sustainable food and farming movement.
The all-day event will be held on Saturday, March 7, from 10:30am eastern until 6:00pm and includes over a dozen speakers spanning the entire food spectrum from farming to food arts.
- Joel Berg – New York City Coalition Against Hunger
- Dana Cowin – Food & Wine
- Alkemia Earth – DJ and plant-based nutritionist
- Robert Graham, MD – Lenox Hill Hospital
- Henry Hargreaves – Photographer and artist
- Kendra Kimbirauskas – Friends of Family Farmers, SRAP
- Nikiko Masumoto – Masumoto Family Farm
- Michele Merkel – Food & Water Watch
- Danny Meyer – Union Square Hospitality Group
- Danielle Nierenberg – Food Tank
- Ali Partovi – Angel Investor
- Stephen Reily – Seed Capital Kentucky
- Stefanie Sacks, RD – Culinary nutritionist, author
- Anim Steel – Real Food Challenge
- Shen Tong – FOOD-X
- Marcel Van Ooyen – GrowNYC
- Ietef “DJ Cavem Moetavation” Vita – Eco-HipHop
- Green Bronx Machine – TEDxManhattan Award Winner
Topics will include:
- The necessity of women farmers in the food movement
- How US law favors large agribusiness companies and not small farmers
- Teaching students about health through hip hop
- Food as medicine
- Beyond food hubs – local food and local food economies
- Why organic really isn’t more expensive
- What we really need to end hunger
- How small changes in your eating can make huge differences
TEDxManhattan: "Changing the Way We Eat"
Saturday, March 7, 10:30am - 6:00pm (eastern)
Watch the webcast here:
TEDxManhattan is also launching TEDxManhattan Adventures in 2015, most to be hosted on Sunday, March 8th. These are experiences around food and farming and will include tours, meals, cooking demonstrations, panel discussions and more.